Feb 1, 2023
about 5 min read
Web Development With Different Languages: Which Ones Are Better?
TABLE OF CONTENT
What is web development?
Famous web development languages
Regardless of the industry, a company's internet presence can significantly affect how successful it is. Some companies today are still unaware that the bulk of their clients will visit their website before completing a purchase. For producing more income, having a good online presence—especially a website—can make all the difference. Yes, the caliber of your website affects results, but the point of this post is to emphasize how crucial it is to have one. Sometimes businesses are hesitant to get online because they believe they lack the technical know-how and website management skills. Sometimes businesses are worried about cost.
IT outsourcing is more affordable than you might think
Now you should feel worry-free because there are plenty of solutions for having and managing a website with reasonable prices and high quality. One of the best solutions is finding IT outsourcing thanks to its cost-effective advantage.
The majority of companies that migrate to outsourced IT eventually discover they save more money. Compared to hiring an internal team or engaging a different computer repair specialist, they can save more money. You simply choose the services such as web development or application development your company requires from outsourced IT and pay a monthly charge. You won't have any unforeseen expenses or to fix your technology when it starts to die. The costs and services offered are openly disclosed.
When it comes to outsourcing, you should consider the choice of programming languages. As any IT outsourcing company would give you advice, here are some famous programming languages for web development you should know.
What is web development?
Web development refers to the creating, building, and maintaining of websites. It covers things like web publishing, web programming, database management, and web design. It is the development of an online application, such as a website.
In “web development”:
- Web: It refers to websites, web pages, or anything that works over the internet.
- Development: It refers to building the application from scratch.
Web Development can be classified into two ways:
- Frontend Development
- Backend Development
Famous web development languages
- Serves all users, including novices, intermediates, and even advanced developers.
- Available on all devices
- There is no environment setup required.
- Often updated with new versions and standardized
- Community and Open Standards
- Responds to user interactions using the Document Object Model (DOM)
- Web browsers are transformed into application platforms
- Several frameworks and libraries to aid in the development of complicated applications
Python is a highly adaptable high-level, object-oriented programming language. Python is a well-liked alternative for back-end programming, where it is utilized to create desktop, mobile, and gaming apps. It's easy syntax, libraries, frameworks, and adaptability. In developing industries like machine learning, AI, data analytics, and task automation, Python is also frequently used. Among the popular Python frameworks used in back-end web development are Django, Flask, Pyramid, CherryPy, Bottle, and Falcon.
Pros of Python
- A well-liked general-purpose language with a variety of functionalities
- Python is also widely used in data science, machine learning, artificial intelligence, commercial and enterprise applications, games, computer-aided design (CAD) applications, audio and video applications.
- This language is a crucial language for back-end web developers to master because of its ubiquity, prevalence, and adaptability.
Python is utilized by a variety of well-known firms, including Google, Netflix, Youtube, Instagram, Yahoo, Reddit, and Spotify, because of its adaptability.
The general-purpose scripting language PHP (Hypertext Preprocessor) is frequently used to enhance the functionality of interactive web pages. PHP, one of the first languages that could be directly inserted into HTML, is also used for database management, system operations, data encryption, processing of forms, cookie setup, and limiting page access. The most well-known content management system in the world, WordPress, is written in PHP.
Some of the most popular PHP frameworks include Laravel, Symfony, Yii 2, CakePHP, Zend Framework/Laminas Project, CodeIgniter, FuelPHP, Slim, and Phalcon.
Pros of PHP
- PHP is essential because it outperforms many other server-side languages in terms of speed, usability, and flexibility.
- It is said to be three times quicker than Python and is compatible with Windows, Linux, UNIX, and macOS.
- PHP includes a built-in database connection that makes it simple to connect to practically any type of database, speeding up the development of online applications.
- PHP is currently utilized on the back end of more than 78% of all websites, including WordPress, Slack, Wikipedia, Etsy, and MailChimp.
Although its usage has been falling in recent years, there is no chance that it will disappear anytime soon.
The most popular use for the high-level, object-oriented language Ruby is to create web applications. Ruby is a versatile, all-purpose programming language that can be used for a wide range of other things, including prototyping, DevOps, data analysis, proof of concepts, web scraping, automation, static site generation, and more. One of the simplest programming languages to learn, Ruby runs on Linux, Windows, and Mac OS X and is compatible with many more operating systems. Ruby on Rails is the most well-known Ruby framework; other options include Hanami, Grape, Cuba, and Padrino.
Pros of Ruby
- Ruby is one of the most time-efficient programming languages currently in use.
- Because of its simplicity, programmers love Ruby on Rails.
In fact, according to a Stack Overflow poll of Web developers conducted in 2021, more than 57% said they adore utilizing Ruby on Rails. It makes sense for prospective programmers to learn Ruby given the success of Ruby on Rails.
Based on the principles of the popular computer language C, C# is an object-oriented programming language invented by Microsoft. It was initially intended to be used with the.NET framework to create Windows apps. C# is a general-purpose language used in mobile app development, backend Web development, and game creation using Unity. You can use it on the Android, iOS, and Linux platforms in addition to the Windows platform. The finest programming languages for web development include this one.
Pros of C#
- Capable to work with shared codebases
- It is safer than C and C++
- For all web development types
- Well integrated with the.NET library
- Includes extensive collections of data types and library functions.
- Faster method for compilation and execution
Having a website for growing your business is essential because you can approach more customers and engage with your existing consumers effectively.
Working with an IT outsourcing company is a wise choice in terms of cost-effectiveness and time saving. Your business doesn't have to be bound by a long-term agreement that can turn out to be less economical in the future. Hardware, equipment, and storage are not charges that you must make. Additionally, you'll often receive greater quality for your money when outsourcing IT than you could if you kept it in-house.
Golden Owl offers a wide range of services on web development and application development. Contact us today to leverage your business to the next level. And do not forget to subscribe to our blog to read more about technology news, tech startups, and amazing marketing trends.