go

Dec 2, 2021

about 5 min read

5 sales closing techniques that help you win more deals for SaaS business

It’s enough talking about growth hacking and inbound marketing. Now we have to mention one of the most important and time-tested aspects of company success: the art of closing the deals.


It's not all rainbows and unicorns when it comes to selling SaaS services. It may require a little nudge and prodding to close the deals successfully.


Aside from complex nurturing sequences and follow-ups, there are a variety of instances in which you must directly jump in and finalize the deal.


As a SaaS business sales representative, you should have the ability and skill to earn trust and encourage potential customers to become paying customers.


Every move must be taken with caution. It will surely be challenging, but you must remain focused and discover sales closing techniques that work best for your SaaS business. 


In this article, we would like to share some tried-and-true strategies that will help you close the deals for SaaS businesses.


1. Watch for purchasing signals

Salespeople sometimes lose out on prospects who are really interested in the product because they are pursuing other possibilities. Don't let the purchasing opportunities pass you by. 


Make a list of high-quality prospects and see if they're ready to buy your stuff. In SaaS sales closing techniques, you must be very attentive in order to act quickly.


Read more: 5 secret rules to build better trust for your SaaS company


A few instances of these signals are listed below.

  • The prospects were progressing normally through the sales cycle until they abruptly accelerated.

  • They've begun to inquire about the remedy and its cost. This might indicate that they're getting ready to buy something.

  • Prospects appear to be more optimistic and respond to your communications more quickly. This may indicate that they are interested in what you have to offer.

  • Prospects begin asking questions about your business and clientele, such as how long you've been in business and which firms use your product.

  • They use expressions like "That looks pretty useful" and "That's intriguing"; "Send me additional information and I'll review it."; "Using it for a project would be fantastic."


If the prospect appears to be interested, you should take the following step as quickly as possible and guide them through the final sales closing process.


2. Before talking, listen!

The 70/30 rule, which states that you should let the prospect do 70% of the talking and you should do the remaining 30%, is a solid sales closing technique for any salesperson.


And asking the appropriate questions to help prospects get real about their pain issues and priorities is the ideal way to spend that 30%.


You should let the prospect do 70% of the talking and you should do the remaining 30%


You may assist prospects in visualizing the intended results by guiding the conversation with the correct questions. They won't be able to turn down your offer once they taste those benefits and discover how your product can support them.


One of the tips you can use to close SaaS sales for your SaaS business is that: if you ask too many questions, your call may appear to be an interrogation. Some techniques, like "emotional labeling" and allowing for "socially uncomfortable pauses," might help you get your prospects talking.


Read more: 6 powerful tactics to successfully delight customer after sales


3. Enforce a feeling of urgency in your audience.

You must get your potential customers to move swiftly in order to close SaaS sales faster. 


Creating a feeling of urgency is one of the most effective methods to do this.


For a short time, offer attractive discounts and goodies to create demand for those prospects.


To close SaaS sales more effectively, it is essential to add a little spice into the conversation by stating what the prospects would miss out on if they don't act immediately.


For a short time, offer attractive discounts and goodies to create demand for those prospects.


You can also apply pressure to the potential customer in order to encourage them to make a speedier purchase choice. Consider the following scenarios:

  • "At this price, this is the final one."

  • "For clients who join up today, we're offering a 20% discount."

  • "I can move you to the front of the implementation queue if you agree to buy immediately."


Discussing the dangers of postponing the product's rollout could also be an effective way to make your prospects rush to make decisions.


4. The free trial method 

The trial close, which has long been a favorite of SaaS businesses. 


Take the "free puppies sign" method to complete the sale: take this gorgeous little golden retriever puppy home with you, and if your family isn't completely happy with him after a week, you can return him. 


Put that free trial membership CTA on your landing page and urge your sales people to give free test drives to all of their prospects


Put that free trial membership CTA on your landing page and urge your sales people to give free test drives to all of their prospects if you're confident in your product and willing to put your money where your marketing is.


The free trial method is an excellent sales closing technique to measure your prospect's interest and persuade them to try out your goods.


Remember, "nothing ventured, nothing gained." By throwing your product or service away for free, you risk diminishing the perceived value of your solution in the minds of your prospects, causing them to lose faith in your solution and abandon the free trial. 


This strategy may be OK if you're a highly scalable SaaS business competing on numbers, but it may not be appropriate for higher-priced niche services competing on quality.


5. The soft close 

The soft close is a sales closing technique for showing a prospect the value of your product and then asking a low-impact inquiry to see if they're interested in learning more.


For example, you can practice this sales closing technique by asking, "Would you be interested in learning more if I could cut widget maintenance by 25% and boost widget productivity by 15%?"


You've explained the advantages clearly and concisely, without making any demands or unexpected requests.


The soft close is a sales closing technique for showing a prospect the value of your product and then asking a low-impact inquiry


If the preceding scenario is still too direct, you may ask, "Would it line up with your corporate goals if I told you I could cut widget maintenance by 25% and boost widget productivity by 15%?"


This eliminates their need to commit in any way to you, giving you more time to learn about their business requirements.


Read more: 5 big 2022 challenges all SAAS startups must overcome


Conclusion

One of the most critical skills a salesperson may have is the ability to close the deals for SaaS businesses. Learn from a mentor or a colleague salesman who is successful at it.


Without a question, closing SaaS sales is difficult. Many top sales performers, on the other hand, are completing transactions and reaching their sales objectives. All that is required is constant resolve and the appropriate strategy. Don't give up easily; give it your all to close the deals for SaaS businesses.

Want more tips, advice and insights on running a SaaS business? Subscribe to our blog to get notified of our latest updates.

Our latest posts

See more

January 20, 2021

about 7 min read

WooComerce vs Shopify: Which is Best for eCommerce?

January 27, 2021

about 4 min read

Android VS iOS: Which Platform To Build Your Mobile App On First In 2021

April 23, 2021

about 4 min read

7 business benefits of custom website design

Other Services